Download our trend brief today to explore the connection between consumerism, telehealth and the quick-rising need for health advocacy in the age of COVID-19.
Healthcare organizations—especially health plans—were already feeling pressure to improve customer service and support before a global pandemic emerged.
Yet a recent survey found consumers still don’t consider any healthcare task—whether finding, accessing or paying for healthcare—“effortless.” Studies also indicate that about 50% of consumers won’t move forward with care or wellness actions once they hit a roadblock.
In this trend brief, we look at how today’s healthcare environment is bringing consumer health advocacy—also known as healthcare navigation assistance and concierge-level support—to the forefront.
You’ll find information on:
- Key factors creating the momentum for more comprehensive patient and health plan member assistance
- Telehealth’s growth and what that means for health advocacy
- The role of advocacy programs in building critical consumer trust during a health crisis
- The benefits of an empowered consumer
- How to get ahead of the advocacy curve
The need for healthcare advocates will only accelerate as the need for connection, communication and information increases. Use our brief as a starting point.